Elfin Immigration INC.

Family Sponsorship

Family Sponsorship

If you are a Canadian permanent resident or citizen with a relative who wishes to immigrate to Canada, You may be in a position to help them to become permanent residence. The reunification of the family remains one of the foundations of Canada’s immigration system

To be a sponsor:

  • You have to be 18 or older years of age.
  • You and the sponsored relative have to sign a sponsorship agreement, which requires you to give your relative financial help, if required.
  • It also stipulates that the individual who becomes a permanent resident would strive to help him/her.
  • For three years from the date of your permanent residence you must offer financial assistance to a spouse, common law or conjugal partner
  • For 10 years or up to 25, whichever comes first, you must offer financial assistance to your dependent kid.

Who is Eligible for Family Class Sponsorship?

Sponsoring families is a means of bringing families together in Canada. The Government of Canada believes that families are maintained together and makes sponsorship applications a priority. Many methods are available for family members to become permanent residents of Canada, whether Canadians or permanent residents, to sponsor a family member residing overseas.

The Canadian family member may sponsor:

  • His or her spouse
  • Common-law partner
  • Conjugal partner
  • Dependent child
  • Adopted children
  • Parents
  • Grandparents