Elfin Immigration INC.

Spouse Sponsorship

Spouse Sponsorship

Spouse sponsorship

Canadian Spousal sponsorship is the way in which a Canadian citizen or permanent resident can sponsor a partner for permanent living in Canada. In Canada, we are aware of the importance of being together for families. Spousal sponsorship applications are thus a primary priority.

How much time does it take in Canada to sponsor your spouse?

Applications for sponsorship take roughly 12 months from beginning to end. They usually do not proceed much quicker than 12 months, but depending on the nature of your case, they might take more time. If you have a difficult case, or visa office need further information then, your case will be delayed, and it will take longer. The best way to guarantee the best speed with which your sponsoring application is completed is to ensure that all documentation is done in the first time. We have assisted to make hundreds of applications for sponsorship

What are your spouse's sponsoring requirements in Canada?

If you are Canadian citizens or permanent residents and satisfy the following requirements, you may be able to sponsor your spouse or common-law partner only:
  • Are 18 years old at least
  • Live in Canada, or planning to return to Canada once your spouse or partner becomes a permanent resident of Canada
  • Are able and willing to provide your spouse or partner's basic financial requirements for three years
Immigration authorities expect to see the following proof if you are married and are trying to sponsor your spouse or wife.
  • Relationship Information and Sponsorship Evaluation
  • Marriage certificate (see common-law if you are not married
  • Wedding invitations and photos
  • For children you and your wife have together birth certificates, or adoption documents
  • Evidence of marriage registration with the government
And the following papers at least two:
  • Proof of your own property along with your wife
  • Bank accounts shared
  • Copies of IDs issued by the government
  • Car insurance
  • Pay stubs or taxes that indicate you reside at the same location